Re: Sealed Sources

Clearly, not all sealed sources are Special Form; i.e., could pass the SF
tests. That's why it's called that. I think that the original question, of
which I didn't keep a copy, asked about liquids in vials, from which one
might draw aliquots as needed. The reason sealed sources are called that is
because the RAM is intended to remain "permanently" inside the source. Most
licensees have a line item that specifically abjures them from tampering with
sealed sources, in ways that could liberate any, or all, of the material
contained.

chris alston