Re: European Communities and Radiation Exposure of Flight Crews

At 19:00 26/08/97 -0500, Al Tschaeche wrote:

>So, what we must to is get rid of the linear hypothesis as the basis for
>radiation protection standards and educate people about the real,
>measurable risks, if any of the doses they receive.

and

>But the limitation is based on the linear hypothesis and so is wrong.

It is all very well for you to say that the 1 mSv limit is based on a wrong
model. But that doesn't help the airline industry. Can they turn around and
say that the model your legistration is based on is wrong therefore we are
not subject to that law. No! (note I make no comment on the validity of the
linear model). Until the linear hypothesis is changed it is the basis of
limit setting.

Cameron Jeffries