RE: Eberline RO-2s

I would hope people with solutions would respond here. Kelly, please
send any effective responses you get which don't make it to RADSAFE. I
have the same problem.

We have RO-2's that are used in a number of high humidity climates
(Huntsville, Wichita, Seattle) in industrial settings which require them
to be moved in and out of air-conditioned facilities. This seems to
exacerbate the problem. I started adding a second desiccant pack which
wedges rather well between the batteries and the bottom of the
instrument case. This is somewhat effective in reducing or delaying the
problems.

In recent weeks, I've had three of these that baking per factory
instructions has actually caused to be worse. Since the repair orders
haven't made it through the red tape yet, I don't know what the cause
is.

Rick Edwards, Analyst

The Boeing Company, Radiation Protection Technical Services Group
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com         (425) 393-8250