Re: microeinstein?

>The question in my mind is; What is the energy range of these photons?
>
>The original question had to do with high harmful solar radiation!
>
>Wouln't power per unit area be more meaningful?
>
>Harmful implies deposition (uptake), so more information about the
>spectrum is needed.

This isn't my area, but I understand that sometimes the number of photons
is important.  For example, in the pohotelectric effect, the power density
tells you nothing about the current.  As I understand it, the number of
photons within a certain bandwidth is important in quantifying
photosynthesis.  Sometimes power density is more useful, e.g., in
predicting weather patterns.

If you find out more, I'd be interested to read about this.

Regards,
Dave Scherer
scherer@uiuc.edu