Re: What would we do with a threshold?

Dear Radsafers,

I have an administrative question about a threshold.   Suppose the threshold
is set at some level say 20 mSv.
Workers will still I imagine have to be monitored.  What will happen when
Joe gets to 19.5mSv.  Is he/she put off work in case he exceeds the threshold.

A similar problem Joe is below threshold, but is due to have a series of
medical tests which will put him over the threshold. Is he now to be put off
work.   Even if an employer has non radiation work at the same wage, the
employee may claim that to do non radiation work would would jeopardise
career prospects, or a research project etc.

lastly will there be a special threshold for pregnant workers.

Ivor Surveyor
Ivor Surveyor
Emeritus Consultant Physician, Nuclear Medicine.
E-mail:    isurveyor@vianet.net.au