Re: Nation's oldest nuke plant powers down

> snip.. The high-level waste _ spent fuel rods
        will be stored on site inside concrete casks until the
   federal government opens a national disposal facility.

I would like to make a small correction on the above comment. I am an ALARA
Engineer for the decommissioning of the reactor. Everything will be remove
from the site including the spent fuel (to GE possibility for storage). The
site will become either Golf course or condominium <grin>.
The reactor run for 35 years with no lost time accident. The last day of
the shut down, many old and retired employees, and representative from,
ANS, INPO, NRC, were present.

Oh by the way anti nuke were also there and nobody found out that, are they
against shutting down the plant or not ?.

The plan is to convert the site to GREEN IN 5 YEARS.

Rahim Ghanooni
HPCI Consulting
Sr. Health Physicist
Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM)
Tel 319-393-2610
rahimg@earthlink.net