Tumor Necrosis Therapy for Glioblastoma- Rad.Prot. Problems

Dear Radsafers,

I would like to know if somebody of you have experience in TNT therapy:

We were consulted on the radiation protection requirements for the
following case:

Patient with recurrent glioblastoma of the left temporoparietal lobe, to
be treated with 80 mCi I-131 radiolabeled TNT ( tumor necrosis therapy).

The patient is half body paralysed and cannot behave independently.( will
need nursery help0.

According to the protocol, shortly after the I-131 injection(
INTRATHECALY), they want to perform mapping to ensure that the isotope
arrived to the brain ( have to transport the patient to the Nuclear
medicine Dept. situated a long distance from the application room ( 20
min). The patient will get Lugol before the procedure.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this case?

Thanking you in advance,

Sergio

 Sergio Faermann Ph.D.                      Tel: 972 - 7 -6 400682/6403301
 Chief Medical Physicist                    Fax: 972 - 7 -6 232336
 Institute of Oncology                      E-mail: sergio@bgumail.bgu.ac.il
 Soroka Medical Center
 P.O.B 151 Beer-Sheva 84101
 ISRAEL