Disclaimers

Hello

Lots of Radsafers seem to put a disclaimer at the end of their
messages here.  I have a couple of questions -

1.  Has any radsafer ever been sued, reprimanded, etc. by their
employer for messages sent or opinions expressed?  Or, for that
matter, has anyone's employer ever been sued because of an employee's
comments on radsafe?

2.  Are you sure your disclaimers would stand up against a skilled
corporate attorney in the event some of your comments generated
problems?

3.  Weren't you hired by your employer because your training,
education, and yes, opinions, about your field were desired by your
employer?

I realize that we're not necessarily spokespeople for our respective
employers, they have other employees for that....but it seems
pointless to add disclaimers to our comments.

Ron Amoling
amolingr@joslab.harvard.edu