Re[2]: Why nuclear is a "no-win" in the USA

<They lost the trust of some members of the public; this is the essential
performance expectation. This is a real challenge!>

Why should this be so hard to accomplish?  As employees of the DOE, either
directly or indirectly, we are in fact employees of the American public.  It
should always be our goal to satisfy our customer(s).  If we satisfy DOE but
not the public have we really upheld our end of the contract?  Maybe no laws
were broken, maybe there is no associated risk to J.Public, but a trust was
broken, and I think that that is important.  Remember who makes the ultimate
decision as to who gets appointed to the political offices that irritate us
so much.

*Kim Merritt, RRPT   *
*Sandia Labs, NM     *
*kdmerri@sandia.gov  *