Re: Why nuclear is a "no-win" in the USA

    Doug Minnema, CHP
    Defense Programs
    Department of Energy
    <Douglas.Minnema@dp.doe.gov>

   Doug, Granted we have a communication problem with the general public.
The problem is that we are letting this drive us to do things that don't
make sense.  It seems iresponsible to me for you guys in DOE to develop and
encourage a battle plan to spend $220 BILLION on a publically percieved
problem when we have so many actual problems that need solving.

	On the enviroinmental front, I would suggest the parks service could
better use these dollars to restore our national parks;  of course there's
education, helath, Brookhaven ...

Jim

James R. Goodgame
Radiation Engineering & Physics