Re: Disposal Contaminated Meat

M. Jo stated the following:

> I feel that the food irradiation related topics could be used to educate
> public. We seemed to have more friends in it than other topics. I have
> They did not, do not, and will not have to die in the first place. This is
> a topic in which everyone have interest, I believe. I hope we can use the
> topic to spread the facts about radiation.

Yes, there is more acceptance for food irradiation lately, due to the
many stories regarding the issues of food contamination recently,
throughout the world. The issue is a positive for the benefits of
safe use of radiation. However, don't be too surprised to find some
anti-nuclear groups out there using the safe use of food irradiation,
turning the use around focusing on the fact that the reason food
irradiation works is because it "KILLS" organisms, playing on the
general public's fear of radiation to begin with.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division