Re: Re[4]: Increased coal use in Canada due to 7 N.P. Plants

Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

----------
> Von: TOSH USHINO <ushinot@songs.sce.com>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Re[4]: Increased coal use in Canada due to 7 N.P. Plants
> Datum: Freitag, 05. September 1997 21:27
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> Unfortunately Mike Fox is probably correct. I'm probably too naive to
think
> that the Greens have capacity for embarrassment, or memory.

In the late seventies there were fierce campaigns in Austria pro and
against starting the ready built nuclear power plant. (Can you imagine,
there was once upon a time the possibility to be pro-nuclear - even outside
the radiation protection community, without being brandmarked as a
irresponsible citizen, who supports killing of the world population!) The
pro's used to have a sticker on their car, stating, "We do not need nuclear
power, because in my home electricity comes from the wall socket." Believe
it or not, but the greens did not even get the meaning and regarded this as
an argument, why we do not need nuclear power. So much on naivity - I think
you find it rather on the other side.

Franz