Cassini Mission

For a RealAudio replay of the Talk of the Nation Science Friday you can go to:
http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/970905.totn.02.ram

The description is as follows, which indicates you may want to fast-forward
through the history of Aspirin.

HOUR TWO: ASPIRIN/CASSINI MISSION

Mark Plummer/ Co-author, The Aspirin Wars Senior Fellow, The Discovery
Institute Seattle, Washington

Michio Kaku/ Henry Semat Professor of Theoretical Physics City College of
New York New York, New York

Otto Raabe/ President, The Health Physics Society Professor Emeritus of
Radiation Biophysics University of California Davis, California

Beverly Cook/ Program Director Radio Isotope Power Systems Department of
Energy Washington, DC

In 1897, Felix Hoffmann, a German chemist working for Bayer, made the first
aspirin. In this hour of Science Friday, we'll talk about the history of
that little
pill, and about its uses today. Plus, we'll take a look at NASA's Cassini
mission
to Saturn, at the risks posed by the plutonium on board, and at the
malfunction
that may delay the mission.

Scott O. Schwahn, CHP
Newport News, VA