Re: Safety Clothing in Laboratories

>your needs.  I just can't fathom taking a chance with exposed skin while
>working with RAM; you wouldn't do it with acids, why with something several
>times more annoying to deal with in a spill?

One would think that Scott's logic would be held to a certain level of
esteem wherever work with RAM or acids is conducted.  How about it,
Radsafers; do you find this to be true at your facilities?  In my
experience, I have seen all too often, people working with chemicals or rad
on workbenches or fume hoods wearing labcoats (usually buttoned, but not
always), open toed shoes such as sandels, and shorts.  Maybe I'm a radical,
but it is no wonder I have seen so many people get contaminated skin (and
personal clothing) just below the labcoat or  around the chest area.
Please, am I idealistic in thinking that this type of practice is "less than
adequate," or is Scott right?
Jeff Eichorst
myself@lanl.gov

"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he
resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself."
	- Archibald MacLeish, 1956