> Von: Baker, Cheryl <Cheryl.Baker@state.me.us>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Low background beta counter
> Datum: Donnerstag, 11. September 1997 21:22
>

> Greetings
>
> We may be needing to purchase a new low background gas flow proportional
> counter (primarily for beta counting) in the near future.  The one we
have
> was made by Canberra and is no longer manufactured.  I would like to find

> out what other companies make these instruments (with phone number, if
> possible).  Also, what are other labs using and what is your experience
with
> it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheryl Baker
> Maine Health and Environmetal Testing Laboratory
> cheryl.baker@state.me.us

I do not know your specific requirements and what kind of analysis you
perform. I have replaced in my laboratory all methods based on measurements
with gas-flow counters by liquid scintillation methods - for instance gross
alpha-beta measurements, Sr-90.

Franz
iuc.edu (8.8.5/8.8.5) with SMTP id QAA39442;
	Thu, 11 Sep 1997 16:59:06 -0500