Re: Newspaper article on Plutonium

> It's my understanding that the incidence rates of many types of cancer have
> increased significantly over the last few decades...

Brian,

I'm not sure how you formed your understanding.  Scientific American
did a full issue on cancer last year.  In one article,
cancer rates were examined.  The conclusion of the article, if I
remember correctly, was that cancer rates were fairly steady except
for lung cancer.  The increase in lung cancer was attributed to
increased tobacco use.  Suggest you review the numbers.

Regards,

Bill Rhodes
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rochester
716-275-3781
brhodes@safety.rochester.edu
Excelsior (still higher, motto of New York-probably refers to the taxes)