Re: Rocketdyne Radiation Study

At 06:00 PM 9/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>This is a Mime message, which your current mail reader
>may not understand. Parts of the message will appear as
>text. To process the remainder, you will need to use a Mime
>compatible mail reader. Contact your vendor for details.
>
>--IMA.Boundary.999363478
>

>     Would anyone happen to know who at UCLA funded the subject study and
>     whether federal or other public resources were involved?  Sounds like
>     WFA to me; but, then again I could be wrong.
>
>     Randy Brich, USDOE, Richland

I am sure that you will be as surprised by the funding sources
as I was.  Apparently, state/federal involvement came about due to
worker claims of radiation related cancers.  I dont know anything
more about the whys of who paid for this than that.
Excerpt from the Acknowlegements of the Executive Summary:
"This study was supported by a grant from the Department of
Energy which was administered by the Public Health Institute
in association with the California Department of Health
Services."

I have not yet been able to get through to CAL DHS to get a copy
of the entire report.

Best regards

Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |