Cancer Rates

From: Paul E Ruhter@INEL on 09/16/97 11:46 AM

To:   radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
cc:
Subject:  Cancer Rates

At the suggestion of a RADSAFE note a few days ago, I visited the National
Cancer Institute web site.  The address is:

(Document link not converted)http://rex.nci.nih.gov/ncihome.html

The statistics show that cancer rates were generally increasing until 1990.
There has been a significant DECREASE in the cancer rates during the first
5 years of this decade!!!  NCI indicates that the efforts initiated by the
National Cancer Act of 25 years ago are starting to pay off!!  This site
should be in your bookmark list.

The usual reminder that I alone am responsible for the contents of my
        messages!

        Paul E. Ruhter   CHP
        Supervisor, Radiation Dosimetry & Records
        Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies Company
        Idaho National Engineering & Environmental Laboratory (INEEL)
        e-mail:   ruh@inel.gov