Re: Cancer Rates

Paul:
    One must be careful not to confuse cancer incidence rates with cancer
mortality rates.  Because of the improvements over the years in treatment
of such cancers as leukemia and testicular cancer, while incidence (the
numbers of new cases per year) has increased, the mortality has decreased.
    Thus in general, I believe(without visiting the NCI website) cancer
incidence rates rose more or have an increased distance from cancer
mortality rates, which I believe have plateaued.
     John Goldsmith, M.D., M.P.H.