Re: ABHP Degree Requirement - Background and Perspective

Mr. Fenner is of base by making a personnal attack on Mr. Vargo, it is fair
to attack someones position it is unfair to attck the person. I agree with
Mr. Vargo as society moves forward requirements for admitance to professions
change. Only some 50 years ago there were some medical schools that were only
two year programs, I doubt that many people would agree that it would still
be acceptable to have M.D.'s with only two years of medical school.

Certification by boards with some common ground as the ABHP such as the ABR
and ABMP require an M.S. for admittance to take the exams for any of the
physics speciallities. I do not find it eleatist that the ABHP requires a
B.S. degree, it only reflects that a change of knowledge base is generally
higher today than it was 50 or only 20 years ago.

R. J. Hoffman