Re: background radiation and cancer

Re: Natural Radiation causing 10% of all cancers.

The statement is likely from Alice Stewart (she's made the statement publicly),
but I'd half to check my Stewart files (now in a moving van within 3000 miles
of here).  Sorry, can't be more specific, but thats where I'd begin.

For those who don't collect her musings, Stewart's opinions do not comport well
with the published findings of Bernie Cohen, Matanoski (huge study of nuclear
shipyard workers), UNSCEAR 94, Jawaworski, Kondo, Hattori, Pollycove, etc., let
alone those of Luckey.  And no it is NOT widely understood that 10% of all
cancer is caused by natural radiation.
M. Fox
                The American Council on Science and Health
        1995 Broadway, 2nd Floor   New York, NY 10023-5860
                  Tel: 212/362-7044    Fax: 212/362-4919
                                   http://www.acsh.org