Coupling Scintillators and PM tubes -Reply

>...... where can I get optical coupling
>grease for coupling a scintillator to a PM tube.....

>Nolan E. Hertel

Nolan, good sir

We've used GE optical grease and Bicron optical grease. The Bicron
catalog number we've used is BC 630 (In the past we've even used Dow
Corning vacuum grease). The Bicron folks sometimes called the grease
silicon grease in the catalog but optical grease on the label. Quite distinct
from the optical cement which is part BC 600.

Best wishes

Paul Frame
Professional Training Programs
ORISE