Dr. Raabe's Radio Interview - An HP's Position on Cassini

     I caught Dr. Raabe's telephone interview / discussion of the Cassini
     mission on AM 820, WOSU, during my lunch break today.

     He did a great job in relating the relative risks of accidental
     exposure of the public to Cassini's plutonium as well as the
     potential doses and risks to the public as a result of such
     exposures.

     It is pretty tough to compete against "The Wrong Stuff" as well as
     predictions of world wide contamination, health disasters, and public
     misinformation if Cassini were to blow up.  This alone makes for
     pretty captivating radio.  Dr. Raabe did well in presenting the case
     to continue with the Cassini mission based on the scientific evidence
     of the radiological risk potential while keeping his discussion
     equally as interesting and understandable as the Cassini antagonists
     featured on the radio show.

     Boyd H. Rose, CM
     Radiation Protection Officer
     General Dynamics Land Systems Division
     roseb@gdls.com

     The opinions expresses above are solely my own and do not under any
     circumstance reflect those of my employer.