Re: International RAM Shipping and License Verification

10 CFR 30.41 requirements apply to the "Transfer of Byproduct Material"
with Agreement State and NRC licensees and 10 CFR 110 for the export of
radioactive materials with exceptions for general licenses.

While I am not aware of any specific regulation for the export of
radioactive materials (trace quantities as used in university research
samples) we still require a copy of the license of the international
recepient as if it were a domestic transfer of RAM.  This is as much a
CYA activity in that we can verify that the RAM was sent from our
licensed facility and was received by a licensed facility, even if the
licensee is not under the Atomic Energy Act, i.e. NRC, DOE, or Agreement
State.