I-131 Volatility-Capsule vs Liquid

With reference to the messages concerning whether or not bioassays
are necessary for workers dispensing I-131 therapeutic doses in capsule
form, there was a paper presented at the SNM meeting in June in San
Antonio entitled: "Therapeutic I-131 Volatility Revisited, A Multicenter
Study " by Clanton, et al.  In the study both capsule and liquid forms
of I-131 from three different commercial suppliers were evaluated for
volatility (20 samples in all cases) Surprising conclusion, at least for
me, in this particular study is that it makes no difference as far as
volatility is concerned whether one uses capsules or liquid. The only
information at my disposal on this subject is a two paragraph abstract
in the manual of the proceedings. If any of the authors are listening,
perhaps they would like to comment.
Regards,
Gerald L. Buchel, MS
Medical Physicist