Re[2]: Swipe Testing

     Thanks, Tony! That reference is exactly what I've been thinking of,
     reading these posts. There are indeed plenty of useful and varied
     methods for more efficiently detecting removeable contamination, but
     for purposes of regulatory compliance, "dry filter paper" is indeed
     the method upon which the regulatory limits are said to be based.

     Pragmatically, since most if not all of the swipe testing we do here
     is for regulatory compliance vs. a standard based upon dry filter
     paper, that is the method we use. I can imagine the headaches involved
     if one were to try to apply a weighting or correction factor to more
     efficient swipe test methods in order to allow comparison with the dry
     filter paper standard....I have no intention of going there!

     Randy Norman
     Safety Manger, RSO, CHO, BSO, etc.
     MA BioServices, Inc.
     Rockville, MD