No Subject

     ------------------
     >Sandy Perle
     >Technical Director
     >ICN Dosimetry Division
     >Costa Mesa, CA 92626
     >Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
     >Fax:    (714) 668-3149

     >sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
     >sperle@icnpharm.com

     >ICN Dosimetry Website:
     >http://www.dosimetry.com

     >Personal Homepage:
     >http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205

     >"The object of opening the mind, as of opening
     >the mouth, is to close it again on something solid"
     >              - G. K. Chesterton -

     I agree, I have also worked as IH for three years and have run in to
     this often.  The IHs at your site should have a device called an IAQ
     meter.  It measures the Relative Humidity, CO2 and Temperature in an
     area and records the data.  I would have them set monitoring up in the
     persons area for a couple of days and collect data.  In most of the
     cases, the person felt mild nausea and said that the air felt "thick
     and stuffy."  As soon as the person went outside, they felt alot
     better.  This, in combination with the phobia is a likely suspect.  In
     all of the cases I have dealt with, the person involved had a phobia
     of radiological conditions in the area and it turned out to be higher
     than normal CO2 levels in the building and not enough air exchange.
     Maintenance of the air conditioners usually showed clogged ducts with
     the condensers being filthy.  Their was higher than normal humidity in
     the air with some mold in the exchanges.

     Who knows, give it a try.  Definitely be straight forward and honest
     with the person, but don't let it become a "Witch Hunt."

     If I can answer some other questions, please call me or cc:Mail me.

     Brian Fairchild, OHST
     brian_fairchild@Fernald.gov
     513-648-5820
     Fluor Daniel Fernald

     I didn't do it, you didn't see me do it, you can't prove anything.
     Here's to the American Way......