Re: Why a "pig"?

Al Castellane wrote:

> I was recently asked by a lab tech why we call lead storage containers "pigs"?
> I honestly didn't know. Does anyone know, as Paul Harvey says "the rest of the
> story?"
>
> Thanks in advance for the insight.
>
> Al Castellane
> Oregon Health Sciences University
> Portland, Or
> castella@ohsu.edu

Because being part of the Nuke-Lee-Are family we all started out on the
farm!  We think of nuclear cross sections in terms of Barns, we "milk"
technitium generators (Even the high-yield ones from Mallinckrodt are
called "Killer Cows").  And cooling on the kitchen windowsill is the
Cutie-Pie ion chamber!

The real reason?  As usual I am clueless except to think that most
everyone can relate to the farm.  Farms and cows ar funny, just ask Gary
Larson!!!

And just to further cause thought, what is the real meaning of SCRAM?
Hmmmmmmm???????????
--
	  Voice:     	440-946-5259
	  Pager:	216-360-3773

Home Page:  http://www.en.com/users/carlson/

Digital Display Pager: http://www.usamobile.com/epage.html
	Use the pager number above to send text message!