Re: Rule of Thumb for BETA contamination

At DAEC the thumbrule we use is for a smear reading 4 mrem/hr/100cm2
beta with an RO2/2A/20 the activity in dpm would be 100,000 dpm/100cm2.
This was determined using typical nuclide mixes that we see in our plant
and reading them with a frisker and an RO2/2A/20. It is strictly a
thumbrule to put you in the ballpark.

--
Albert W. Wolff Jr
Health Physics