Re: Radio-Phobia

>Does anyone know when, where & why the phrase "plutonium is the most toxic
>material know" was used, and in what context?  If so, I would like the
>details, including the exact reference.

Glenn T Seaborg, "The Transuranium Elements", Yale Univ Press and
Addison-Wesley Pub. Co., (Library of Congress card # 58-11258) (1958) page
75:

"Included among its unusual properties is the extremely poisonous character
of plutonium (Pu-239); in point of fact, it is one of the most dangerous
poisons known to man, as a result of its alpha radioactivity and chemical
properties, which cause it to find a more or less permanent site in the
bone after assimilation."

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)