RE: PWR releases -Reply -Reply

David, Regis, et al.,

Of course Regis is correct about the "remote installations."  There were several
such pressurized water reactors that operated in the 10 MW thermal range.  The
plants at Sundance, Greenland and the antartica come to mind now that you remind
me.  I believe the MH-1A was operated in the Canal Zone, at about 45 MW
thermal until the mid-1970s.  The Army may have data concerning releases from
these plants.  I do not have the data nor do I know who to ask.

Of course, SL-1 was a boiler but I am not sure about others.

Also, the Air Force had about three test reactors of about 10 MW thermal that
operated well after the demise of the ANP program.

There is a lot to remember.  Wish I could do a better job of it.

Thanx Regis.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov