Re: plutonium

Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Sorry, fellow RADSAFERS, I have a problem to understand the reasoning
concerning this thread. All the historic references quoted during the last
days have stated, that "plutonium is  o n e  of the most hazardous
substances.....". There was not a single reference, which stated that it
would be "t h e  most hazardous substance". It is understandable, that in
the fourties, when little was known about this new element, about its
behaviour in environment and (wo)man, one was very cautious and may have
put forward health concerns, which with out knowledge of the problem which
we have in the nineties may seem exaggerated. Thanks to the persons who
were cautious! The "honor" of calling it the "most dangerous substance" has
to be credited to groups like Greenpeace. And we all know, that this is
nonsense.

Franz