storage of mixed waste

Radsafers:

Good afternoon, all.  I am writing to ask the members of the group how
hazardous, including mixed radioactive/hazardous waste is being managed at
other institutions.  We are currently debating whether to attempt to obtain
a Part B permit, or rescind our Part A permit and dispose of our waste every
ninety days.   We originally obtained a Part A to provide a compliant method
for mixed waste storage prior to the opening of commercial disposal
facilities.

Any insight or experiences you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin Costello
Yale University
New Haven, CT.