Re: Another Study for Chernobyl Workers

After the Chernobyl accident I took a part in radiation measurements
of environment and population in radioactivity contaminated regions
of Russia (Tula and Bryansk regions). In particular, I tried to estimate
doses
of external exposure for a group of Chernobyl clean-up workers on the base
of interview. It was not successful due to very high dose rate difference
from
site to site, undetermined work time in various places, etc.
In my opinion, monitoring of the population of contaminated territories
allows
to calculate the internal and external radiation doses more correctly. In
Russia
measurements of gamma dose rate and internal radioactivity were carried out
in our Institute and the Institute of Radiation Hygiene (St.Petersburg).

Vladimir Vasiliev,
Senior Researcher,
Dosimetry Research Lab, MRID&S, Moscow, Russia
E-mail: vnvasil@orc.ru
WWW homepage: www.orc.ru/~vnvasil