Genomic Instability

     October 9 last week, Reuters reported on a study published in New
     Scientist that claimed low dose radiation is "far more damaging"
     than previously thought.  This conclusion was based on work from
     Britain's Medical Research Council and regards radiation-induced
     "genomic instability."  I searched the web and tried looking at
     recent Radsafe archives for comments on this new study, but
     couldn't find anything.  Has anyone with good credentials looked
     at this study and drawn some conclusions that I missed?  The
     report, in Reuters typical anti-nuclear fashion, appears to fly
     in the face of all we know from dozens of epidemiological
     studies.  The article closes with a note that radiation
     protection scientists are questioning current safeguards.

     Please respond to me directly at <goldinem@songs.sce.com> or to
     the list if it's info we've all missed.

     Thanks, Eric Goldin
     Southern California Edison