Re: LD for mold/fungus?

It is not a easy task disinfecting, healing objects. Probably the most
advanced group doing this job is The Nuclear Laboratory in France, at CEA.
This Laboratory  was involved in two operations concerning Gamma rays
healing ancient objects: disinfecting  mildew , parasite- or insect-ridden
objects; and reinforcing fragile or damaged pieces with radio-hardened
resins. In 1977, the Nuclart Laboratory successfully devised a system that
was used to disinfected The mummy of Ramses II.  A full
preservation-restoration service Today  already exist to preserve many
archeological objects  required to meet the demands from the Museums of
France, the Historical Landmark Office, and users.

The best you can do is to contact the Laboratory. For you and Radsafers
interested the site is

http://www-dta.cea.fr.

J.J.Rozental <josRozen@netmedia.net.il>
Consultant, Radiation Safety and Regulation, Israel