Date:          Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:33:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:          "Pickett, Bruce D" <Bruce.Pickett@PSS.Boeing.com>
To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:       RE: Type A Certified Drums

As of September 1995, new DOT requirements were put into place requiring
vibration testing of Type A packages in addition to the already existing
tests. Unless the document "Test Evaluation Document for DOT
Specification 7A Type A Packaging" has been updated since then, it does
not have vibration test results and therefore cannot be used to
completely fulfill the requirements for package certification test
reports. It could be used in part, as long as the shipper has
supplementary documentation for the vibration testing.

Bruce Pickett
The Boeing Company
Seattle, WA
bruce.d.picketta@boeing.com