Re: Individual Dose Monitoring

>Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 16:06:40 +0900
>From: Kun-Woo CHO <k201ckw@pinpoint.kins.re.kr>
>To: "'RADSAFERS'" <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
>Subject: Individual Dose Monitoring
>Dear RADSAFERs,
>If I understood correctly, "the report of the results of individual dose
> monitoring shall be made by annually" in US in accordance with 10CFR20.
>Would this mean that the licensee may be allowed to make a personal dose
> measurement (TLD or film badge) in 6 months or even longer interval. Is
>there any legal requirement for the interval of measuring the TLD or
>film badge in US ?2>Most grateful for your advice.
>You may respond to my personal E-mail address :
>k201ckw@pinpoint.kins.re.kr
>Kun-Woo CHO
>Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety
>Korea.

10CFR20.2206 only requires annual monitoring and reporting.

However, other regulations require maxium dosimetry periods of 1 month for film and 3 months for TLDs.

10CFR34.47 [Industrial Radiographic Operations]
10CFR36.55 [Irradiator operators]
10CFR39.39 [Well Logging]

William R. Webber, Health Physicist (Warp Factor OS/2, connect)
The opinions expressed above are those of the author alone
and do not represent those of the National Institute of
Standards and Technology nor the US Department of Commerce.
E-mail: wwebber@nist.gov