RE: Compaction Discs Th-Mg Metal Disposal

	Hi Wes.

	>Could you dispose of this material other than burial?
	>How about metal melting (SEG), or reclaiming the thorium by
selling
	>(giving) it to a company that makes thorium metal.
We've tried everything. No one wants it. Mg-Th metal hasn't been made
for years. The last piece we machined (about 2 months ago) was stamped
"1957". It is an obsolete material, and we own 99% of the worlds supply
(about 60,000 lbs of raw stock). The problem with smelting is the
flammable magnesium. Tough to control. Mix in oxygen or moisture and you
have an explosion.

Thanks for your suggestion. Take care!

Don Mercado