Subject: unuseful dental x-ray
Author:  RADSAFE (INELMAIL.RADSAFE) at _EMS
Date:    10/28/97 12:46 PM

My dentist took films on my missing teeth which need bridges. He told me he
had to send the films to the dental insurance to prove that I did not have
teeth on that location. My understanding is that the radiation exposure I
received from this procedure is only for the insurance documentation
purpose. There is no other benifit at all. Can some one comment on this.
Thanks.

Richard Wu, M.S., DABR, DABSNM
RSO/Medical Physicist
United/Unity/Mercy Hospital