Re: effective dose info needed

One PC-program that calculates organ doses is PHOTCOEF. Look it up at

http://www.photcoef.com

This is a semiempirical program, runs much faster than Monte Carlo programs,
but has comparable accuracy.

It accepts X-ray spectra as input and calcualtes doses at any depth
(including skin dose). You have to model your own "exposed object". Nuclear
data (cross sections, densities) of organic compounds, including human
tissues, are provided by PHOTCOEF.

L.M. Kehler
AIC SOFTWARE, Inc.
P.O. Box 544