Message-headers:
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:42:00 EST
From: "Aaron Chen"@mr-gw1.email.dupont.com
Posting-date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 00:00:00 EST
	Hi Marni,

	Concerning your question on radiography.   In the states
	we of course use the NRC regulations.  NRC states that
	there should be 3 boundary areas during radiography.

	The first one is the 2 mR/hr. boundary.  This has been
	set at this level because this is the level which is
	allowed for the general public.  This is the restricted
	area boundary.

	The next area is the 5 mR/hr boundary, also known as the
	Radiation area boundary.

	The final area is the 100 mR/hr boundary, also known as
	the High Radiation Area.   No one including the
	radiographer usually enters this area obviously because
	of the high fields.

	In practice most radiography firms combine the restricted
	area and radiation area boundaries into one, just roping
	off at the 2 mR/boundary.

	The US NRC has an excellent booklet on radiography called
	"Working Safely in Gamma Radiography".  You should
	probably order yourself a copy.  Has very good
	information on radiography that every RSO should know.

	A couple of good books that would also be helpful would
	be:

		"Nondestructive Testing Handbook, Vol. Three,
		Radiography and Radiation Testing.
		Editor is Paul McIntire.

		"Radiographic NDT"  edited by George Becker.

	Both books are excellent for explaining all you ever
	wanted to know about radiography.

	If you have any questions give me a call or em.

				Aaron