linear portable accererators

I have heard that portable linear accelerators are becoming available for
radiography of industrial components, especially thick steel which would
require excessively long exposure times using current radiography methods.  I
am trying to develop a lesson plan for my utility Health Physics technicians
and am having trouble getting any information from the Web.  Does anyone out
there have some information, such as basic theory and application, on these new
accelerators?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony F. (Tony) Armagno
Northeast Utilities Millstone Station
E-Mail: armagaf@gwsmtp.nu.com
Remember: "All things being equal, fat people use more soap!"