Circuit Breakers

During a recent survey in our warehouse, it was discovered that a circuit
breaker (5 keV and 2000 amps) was about 10 times background on a Bicron
Analyst.  These levels were localized to an area around the arc suppressor.
 No radioactive source label was present on the outside of the equipment.
This item was purchased approximately two years ago as a spare and has been
in storage since then.  I have tried to contact the vendor (General
Electric) to see what the source could be, but everyone I talk to keeps
telling me that there is no way that it can be radioactive.  This is
probably naturally occuring.  However, until I can identify what it is, I
am bound by our procedures for labelling, posting, release, etc.  Does
anyone have any idea of what element or isotope may be involved?

Elaine

Elaine Marshall
Fermilab
Kirk and Wilson Roads / WH-7E