Fwd: Pd-103 activity verification

I do check the activity of Pd-103 seeds. In the absence of an NBS tracable
standard, all
you can really do is demonstrate reproducibility (which is, of course, the
most
important thing).  I've not had great results and am flagging just as hard as
I can.  As
far as how:  Standard imaging HDR well chamber, I-125 ADCL factor, with
Standard Imaging
provided energy dependence factor.  This last part is where the
smoke-and-mirrors comes
in, and makes this a constancy-only check.  If you think that Theragenics is
not getting
this right and you can resolve, please contact Ty Robin at Theragenics.
- Paul