Re: Deuterium Oxide 100%

>We have a local chemical waste vender who wonders if Deuterium Oxide
>contains 3H (Tritium) and is Radioactive.
>I have looked at the MSDS and do not see 3H listed. Question:
>Does Deuterium Oxide contain 3H and is it radioactive?

Every method that I know of that concentrates deuterium from hydrogen also
concentrates tritium. Usually, the method is more efficient for
concentrating tritium than for concentrating deuterium. Thus, the final
tritium concentration is at least 5000 times as great as in the source
material.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)