RE: Ultraviolet Radiation Hazards

There are two ANSI standards relating to lamps and broad band optical
sources in the range from 200 nm to 3000 nm.

ANSI/IESNA RP-27.1-96, Recommended Practice for Photobiological Safety
for Lamps and Lamp Systems - General Requirements.

ANSI/IESNA RP-27.3-96, Recommended Practice for Photobiological Safety
for Lamps - Risk Group Classification and Labeling.

These documents are available through the Illuminating Engineering
Society of North America, 120 Wall Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY
10005.

Robert E. Levin
Corporate Scientist
OSRAM SYLVANIA INC.