Re: "Nuclear B" disk

Ralph,

The only thing I have seen similar to what you describe were small
radium sources.  The ones I saw were medium gray, between a nickel
and a quarter in diameter and perhaps 3/16" thick.  If memory serves,
and it sometimes mutates, I think these sources usually were associated
with a gray colored survey instrument that had a compartment to store
the source.  I don't remember much more about the brand, etc, but
maybe this will help jog someone else's memory.  Good luck.

Dale