RE: HAZWOPER TRAINING

Robb,

Try your local labor unions. Many labor unions (laborers, operating
engineers and such) get money from the Department of Energy to provide
this training, since they require it for most of their sites. DOE
employees, and prime subcontractors can take the courses free of charge.
Here in Oak Ridge we use these a lot. You also might try the local
community colleges. DOE gives money to Roane State and Pellissippi here,
and I know when I worked in New York that the University of Buffalo was
getting funds from the DOE to do this training. I do not remember what
the cost arrangements were for the university sources, I do however
remember they were not free like the labor halls. My information
regarding New York is a couple of years old...

The big drawback of the labor unions is that they do a lot of their
refresher training on Saturdays, so we primarily used them for the week
long course.

Hope this helps..

Marti Poston-Brown
MRBROWN@Bechtel.com