Subject: Re: Tritium Watch
Author:  fbronson@canberra.com at Internet
Date:    11/19/97 4:28 PM

While I don't know the activity of 3H in the watches, I do know that it doesn't
stay in the watch.  In a former life, I managed a commercial laboratory, and we
had to forbid our radiochemists from wearing them in the laboratory.  They
caused contamination in the 3H environmental sample blanks.  Placing the watch
in a beaker with a bit of water for overnight proved the cause of the problem.
And, 3H was easily measurable in Urine.  An insignificant dose, but it was
significant to our customers that we not report false-positive activity.  And,
without a watch, the techs stayed working longer.

frazier bronson  CHP
canberra